This recipe is simple and flavorful! When the garlic hits the pan, man, it smells sooo good! You can put this recipe together quickly and it stays really delicious, even after a couple of days. Who doesn’t adore noodles? The green onion gives a little kick to make it extra special! This dish would be great for lunch at work or for dinner with a friend!
One time I met a friend for dinner and I brought this recipe in one of my meal prep containers. My friend said, “Wow! That looks good!” Let me know if you make this recipe and your friends also want a bite also!
Let’s make vegan garlic sesame noodles!
Start boiling a large pot of water for the pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions. I used a lentil & brown rice pasta and it turned out really well! I think it was tastier than whole wheat pasta. Once the pasta is finished cooking, drain and rinse with cold water.
Chop and cook the veggies
Mince garlic or use a garlic press. Chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces, thinly slice bell pepper and shred or thinly slice carrot. Cut green onion and set aside. While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic to oil and cook for a few minutes. Add carrot, broccoli and bell pepper. While the veggies are cooking, stir frequently. Cook until tender.
Create sauce & mix
Add 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, 1 Tablespoon chili-garlic sauce and 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil to a small bowl. Whisk ingredients together. Pour over the veggies and cook for a few minutes. Add cooked noodles and gently combine so the noodles don’t tear.
Add to meal prep containers and garnish
Remove from heat and let cool. Distribute the mixture evenly between three containers. Garnish with garlic powder, green onion, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes if desired. When ready to eat, heat for minute and enjoy!
Easy Vegan Garlic Sesame Noodle Meal Prep
- 6 ounce lentil & brown rice pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook till the edges are golden brown. Add broccoli, bell pepper, carrot and cook stirring frequently till tender.
- In a small bowl add sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour the sauce over the veggies.
- Add cooked noodles to veggies and combine. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly between three containers. Garnish with garlic powder, green onion, and sesame seeds. Heat before serving.