This weather has me craving warm and cozy meals, so I thought now would be a great time to whip up a hot breakfast recipe! This Vegan Breakfast Hash Meal Prep is flavorful and so quick to put together. The sauce for the tempeh brings a smoky and “bacony” flavor. Potatoes, peppers and cherry tomatoes serve as the base and red onion adds a little kick to the mix! Broccoli makes an appearance because we enjoy adding veggies to our breakfast, right? I mean, why not? 🙂 Add a little toast with vegan butter and you’ll be ready to dig in!
This recipe has lots of veggies and comes together in no time, only using one pan! All the ingredients are sautéed and then a smoky sweet sauce is added. The sauce packs a flavorful punch and will have your friends and family members reaching for seconds!
Ingredients for Vegan Breakfast Hash Meal Prep
This recipe only has ten ingredients. This breakfast hash would be great for a lazy weekend morning, or prepped ahead for a weekday breakfast.
- Red Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Grape Tomatoes
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Aminos
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
This recipe is…
- Warm and cozy
- A balance of sweet and savory
- A little bit spicy!
How to make this Vegan Breakfast Hash Meal Prep
Place a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, once hot add diced potatoes and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, crumble tempeh into a bowl. Chop onion, pepper, cherry tomatoes and broccoli.
Combine maple syrup, coconut aminos, chili powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika to create the sauce. Next add tempeh and sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
Add the vegetables, stir and then cover. Continue cooking over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with a piece of whole grain toast and vegan butter!
Other Vegan Breakfast Ideas
If you are looking for other vegan breakfast ideas try out one of the recipes below!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 🙂
Vegan Breakfast Hash Meal Prep
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 small potato
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dice potatoes then add to a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble tempeh and chop onion, pepper, cherry tomatoes and broccoli.
- Combine and mix sauce ingredients.
- Add tempeh and sauce to skillet, stir to combine.
- Add vegetables and cover. Continue cooking over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.