This vegan lentil chili meal prep so cozy and filling! The chili takes minimal prep time, and has maximum flavor.
The first time I made this plant-based chili, I was impressed by how quick and easy it was to make! The only ingredient that needs to be chopped is the onion, and that only takes about a minute. My favorite kind of meal prep involves throwing everything in one pot and being done with it!
But just because it’s super simple to make doesn’t mean this vegan chili lacks flavor. The spices bring the heat to this dish. You can add more spices if you want to turn up the heat! Serve with vegan sour cream if you prefer a creamy flavor.
This recipe is…
- So easy to cook
- Perfect for meal prep!
- Olive oil
- Spices: garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne powder
- Diced red tomatoes
- Black beans
- Split red lentils
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Green chiles
To make this vegan lentil chili meal prep start by chopping up an onion. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes, until it is translucent. Next, add the following spices to the pot: garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine the spices and onions.
Drain and rinse the black beans, then add to the pot. Add the tomatoes, lentils, green chiles, and vegetable broth. Stir to combine then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Lastly, add cocoa powder and maple syrup and stir. The sweet chocolatey flavors while balance out the spices and add some complexity.
Other Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
If you are looking for other vegan meal prep ideas, try out one of the recipes below!
Vegan Lentil Chili Meal Prep
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can crushed red tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked split red lentils
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 4oz can fire roasted green chiles
- vegan sour cream
- vegan cheddar cheese
- green onion
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and cook till translucent.
- Add garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, lentils, green chiles and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder and maple syrup, stir to combine.
- Let cool and add toppings if desired.