This vegan cheese sauce has me jumping for joy! This is a delicious vegan version of a classic comfort food. I meal prepped this last week and it was perfect for the colder weather we’ve had.
I have tried vegan cheese sauces with butternut squash before, but it was a little bland. With all the nutritional yeast, this sauce is just what I was looking for. So cheesy and delicious!
This is a quick and easy meal prep. Basically I just chop up the broccoli and cauliflower, boil the pasta, make the cheese sauce, then combine! Everything comes together in no time!
This recipe is…
- Vegetables: Broccoli & cauliflower
- For the sauce: cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, turmeric and salt
When storing a meal-prepped recipe with pasta and a sauce, the pasta will soak up the sauce and some of the flavor throughout the week. To avoid precious loss of flavor I combine the pasta and the veggies, distribute them to meal prep containers and then pour the sauce over the top without stirring it all together. I wait to mix it up till I am ready to reheat and eat the mac and cheese.
Vegan Mac and Cheese with Cauliflower and Broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 6 oz pasta
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package instructions then strain.
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle olive oil onto baking sheet. Add broccoli and cauliflower to baking sheet and mix until covered in olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cheese sauce ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return pasta to pot. Add broccoli, cauliflower and 3/4 of the cheese sauce. Stir to combine.
- Distribute the mac and cheese between meal prep containers. Add remaining cheese sauce on top.