This Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Bowl is great for meal prep. Red onion adds a little spice, broccolini is savory and avocado adds a creamy note.
Are you looking for a delicious lunch that is easy to make? Look no further! This vegan bowl will hit the spot! Learn how to meal prep this recipe below.
When it comes to meal prep, I enjoy creating meals with a variety of different flavors and textures.
Quinoa serves as a base for this bowl, along with kale. I cooked the kale but you could also add it raw. Red onion adds a little spice, broccolini is savory and avocado adds a creamy note.
Let’s make a Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Bowl!
Start this dish by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Gather ingredients and set them out on the counter to prepare. Start with the quinoa, read the package instructions and follow accordingly. I used a tricolor mixture of quinoa, but any color will work.
Chop the sweet potatoes, broccolini and red onion. I chop the red onion last so I can finish chopping the other veggies before my eyes start tearing up! Add the veggies to a baking sheet. I used aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil on the veggies and use your hands to mix up the oil and make sure the veggies are coated. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add the baby kale repeating the process of drizzling the olive and mixing it up. Use a different kind of kale if desired, just make sure to remove any thick stems if necessary, a thicker type of kale will also need to be cooked longer. Baby kale only needs to be baked for a few minutes. Once finished, remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool.
While vegetables are baking in the oven, warm up a pan over medium heat. Add oil. Next add the chickpeas and seasonings, and toss to combine them. Sauté for 10 minutes and stir often, once the chickpeas are browned remove from heat and set aside.
Once the quinoa and vegetables have cooled off, distribute the ingredients into three meal prep containers. Add half an avocado when ready to eat! I love all the different flavors! This bowl is a win for lunch at work or dinner with friends!
Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Bowl Meal Prep
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (sliced in wedges)
- 2 sweet potatoes (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 bunch baby broccolini chopped with large stems removed
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 6 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 15 ounce chickpeas (drained)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Place sweet potatoes, onions, and broccolini on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, spread with hands. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add kale. Drizzle with oil. Bake another 4-5 minutes and set aside.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 Tablespoon oil. Add chickpeas, toss with seasonings and sauté for 10 minutes over medium heat, stir frequently. Set aside once browned.
- Divide vegetables and quinoa between 3 containers and top with chickpeas and tahini. Eat at room temperature or reheat in the microwave. Add 1/3 of an avocado when ready to enjoy!